|Ulica:||Llanelli business park dafen|
PURPOSE OF JOB
To direct and control the electrical engineering service for the specified areas of the plant.
Within the job holder’s area of accountability and responsibility to
- Determine with line managers the operational and engineering priorities of the plant to optimise its performance for production.
- Devise planned maintenance and inspection schedules and ensure that they are observed to meet statutory requirements.
- Ensure that engineering activities comply with health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Determine and allocate engineering resources and materials to enable each shift to meet the needs of the maintenance schedules.
- Monitor the work of engineering teams and contractors to see that they are performing to plan.
- Manage the training and development of staff to provide a safety conscious and technically competent workforce.
- Monitor and control expenditure on spares, materials and labour to keep within budget limits.
- Review engineering practices and improve them to enhance engineering and plant performance.
- Preparing and submitting minor capital and major maintenance submissions to ensure plant availability performance and improvement.
- Comply with works Management of Change Policies
VISION & CONTEXT
The position exists to lead and manage an engineering team responsible for the designated area of plant
Up to Works Manager and Works Engineer
- Labour deployment and discussion of problems in his/her appropriate area
Management Personnel at all levels in Engineering including other plants
- To compare practices, discuss techniques etc
- Liaison and discussion on appropriate training programmes
Trade Union Employee Representatives
- Consult and negotiate
- Advice on Safety policy
- to discuss budgets
- Tenders and requisitions
- to discuss drawings and specifications
Research and Development
- for technical advice
Contractors and Consultants
- to discuss requirements and specifications
Store staff and Suppliers
- to obtain equipment and materials
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The jobholder will have a sound practical knowledge of electrical engineering with appropriate, relevant experience in a supervisory function. Qualified to a minimum of HNC level, or graduate engineers. Experience in the following areas will be beneficial: PLC Control systems, motor/generator maintenance and control, DC drive systems, AC motor control, tensiometer and loadcell electronic systems.
Salary circa £30,000 - £35,000
To apply please send an up to date copy of you CV to:
email address firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0044-1554-746-746,0044-7794-924-864.